This blog is for gardeners above, beyond, and below the surface. For those interested in botanical names, inventories, collection and else.

Not recommended for gardeners depending only on nurseries for the practice.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

GLORIOSA ROTHSCHILDIANA

THIS out of the common place climbers, uses the tip of the leaves to grab whatever is available. It is not something one will find in most gardens. I believe they were fashionable in some areas of the San Juan metro area decades ago.. I have never seen it here or anywhere else, except reference books.

Old ladies stop to inquire about it. They grow profusely in every cardinal point in me garden, except in the east, all concrete and fiberglass pots.The upside down flowers remind me of  some Brugmansias.

I am not fond of using flower photos. There are too many  blogs in that bag, not that there is anything wrong with that. However, I have never seen these in any other garden or photos in five years. That is good reason to share them. 

On the other hand, to start life as yellow, passing away as red, will bring you gardening memories such as Brunfelsia pauciflora.

that is that

No comments:

Post a Comment