This blog is for gardeners above, beyond, and below the surface. For those interested in botanical names, inventories, collection and else.

Not recommended for gardeners depending only on nurseries for the practice.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

HYLOCEROUS COSTARRICENSIS NEW INDUCTEE

  THIS rainforest
cactus has been in the collection for a couple of years, a present from Maria, one of me neighbors.

Some readers may find strange these succulents could grown under  rainy conditions, but I assure you is not the only one.

Mine, to the right, decided to attach itself to
the concrete wall for support.  It was planted
under the Duranta repens, for the intense
shade and humidity, not found everywhere in our garden.

I did my research under rainforest cacti, finding
this and a few others under the botanical name.

that is that.    
  

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know there were rain forest cacti too! Interesting blog. Thanks for your visit and comment .

    ReplyDelete